Skip to content
SKATERS AND COACHES
- Freestyle sessions are for teaching and training. The director of skating reserves the right to monitor the level of skating on each freestyle session and make appropriate changes.
- Skaters must sign-in at the front desk prior to entering the ice. Print clearly.
- Freestyle sessions may not be split between two sessions or surfaces to accommodate lesson times.
- Anyone who has not paid will not be allowed to skate a session.
- Coaches and skaters are not permitted on the ice at any time during an ice resurface. Please exit the ice promptly before the ice resurface. Zamboni doors must be closed prior to skaters entering the ice. DO NOT Enter before the session time.
- For the skaters safety skaters are not permitted to wear personal headsets of any kind while skating on a freestyle session. Coaches are permitted to use hand-held music systems.
- Always give the right of way to skaters in a lesson or skater doing their program.
- Abusive or obscene language/music will not be tolerated.
- All skaters and coaches must pick up tissues, garbage, water bottles etc. on rink boards and players bench after their session.
- All session times are subject to change. Reasonable notice of changes will be posted whenever possible.
- No food or drink is allowed on the ice with the exception of water or sports drinks kept near the benches..
- Refrain from comments or actions that are disruptive, offensive, abusive, or racist. Behavior that constitutes harassment or abuse we not be tolerated by the Winterhawks Skating Center.
- All programs classes, camps, and clinics are run and approved by rink management. No coach is allowed to organize or teach a group of more than 2 people without management approval.
- Parents must view freestyle sessions from the bleacher area or lobby area.
- Parents and spectators are not permitted in the player’s box area.
- Be in control of your emotions
- Parents are not permitted to coach from bleacher or lobby area. Parents need to parent and coaches need to coach.
- Refrain from comments or actions that are disruptive, offensive, abusive, or racist. Behavior that constitutes harassment or abuse will not be tolerated by the Winterhawks Skating Center.
- Do not block entrance gates to ice surface.